Monday, May 5, 2014

The Seasonal Flower Alliance: Week 1








Erin at Floret Flowers just started a project called The Seasonal Flower Alliance and the timing could not be more perfect.

A big part of my wanting to grow flowers this summer is that I want to share them.  I want them in my own house, but more than that I want to share a little bit of lovely while I have an extra reason to be outside in the sun and get myself moving and learn new things and I stumble through this first season of flowers.  I had just decided that I wanted to make at least one extra bouquet each week to share with someone just for the heck of it when I saw this project and they work together beautifully.  

Here are Erin's explanation and thoughts on starting the project: 
"Welcome to the very first installment of The Seasonal Flower Alliance.
Here’s how it works. Each week we’ll make a bouquet using seasonal flowers sourced as locally as possible. Nothing too strict as far as distance but I’m going to be cutting from my garden and sourcing product from other specialty growers in my area. The idea is that we will all try and work with what’s available seasonally, locally and celebrate each weeks offerings as much as possible."
This week's bouquet: Lilacs, Azaleas and Spicebush, all from my backyard (or my neighbors!) and shared with some of our favorite neighbors who live down the street.  It smelled so good and I used the extra bits and pieces to add some flowers to our kitchen windowsill.  I can't wait to share more of this project through the growing season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!