Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Seasonal Flower Alliance: May 29





"Each week we’ll make a bouquet using seasonal flowers sourced as locally as possible. Nothing too strict as far as distance but I’m going to be cutting from my garden and sourcing product from other specialty growers in my area. The idea is that we will all try and work with what’s available seasonally, locally and celebrate each weeks offerings as much as possible." -Erin at Floret Flower Farm

Peonies, Bridal Wreath Spirea, Mint and one early Snapdragon for good measure.  Flowers that got to travel with me to camp for a birthday girl to enjoy. Peonies shared by our neighbor while I experiment with different cutting and storage times for them. She's 82 and these are the same Peonies that have been in her yard since she played in the yard as a little girl when the house that's now hers was still her grandparents' house. We think that most of the Peonies in our yard are transplants from her and are all flowers that her Grandmother planted close to 100 years ago.  Also, our Peonies always make me smile (a post from 4 years ago.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!