Friday, July 25, 2014

The Seasonal Flower Alliance: July 25




"Each week we’ll make a bouquet using seasonal flowers sourced as locally as possible. Nothing too strict as far as distance but I’m going to be cutting from my garden and sourcing product from other specialty growers in my area. The idea is that we will all try and work with what’s available seasonally, locally and celebrate each weeks offerings as much as possible." -Erin at Floret Flower Farm
Flowers this week cut when we decided to take some back roads home through corn fields and farms and found an Amish farm with a sign out saying, "Cut Your Own Flowers $1.25 a Dozen."  I couldn't resist! I cut a few dozen to add to the weekly CSA shares and some Lisianthus just for our dining room table.  I was partially sad to not have my big camera with me to capture the spot, but also glad to just be there and snap a few photos with my phone. It was hot and there was sweat dripping off of all of us at noon on a day that was over 90 degrees and super humid, so no one wanted to linger much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!